Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Venice Connection






My alarm went off at 5.10 am to be ready for my taxi at 6.45 to get to Gatwick for my flight to Geneva. I saw only one Police officer with a machine gun. Nobody at all looked at my passport. I had done online check in and printed my own boarding pass, but never the less; I find that is very scary.

Steve met me outside at Geneva airport, where I did have to show my passport on his return from three days work in Venice. We are now in Beaune in beautiful Burgundy. It was an alarmingly smooth running day. How rarely does a busy travel day go completely without hitches. From a high point on the drive from Geneva to Burgundy we could still see Mont Blanc. In this security obsessed world we are all now getting used to there was nobody at all at the Swiss border.
 



 

Steve starts the next line of tricky jobs that will take up the next thirteen days, Mainly on the South of France at the three big Antiques Fairs. In Beziers, Avignon and Montpellier.

 

No comments: