Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Burgundy bike ride

Having had bad weather yesterday, it was a blessing that there was wall to wall blue sky when we woke up this morning. French antiques dealers are not the worlds early risers so that on these trips there is always time for a run or a bike ride before Steve has to start work on the collection of the furniture and smalls things that our clients have bought in and around the town.

Steve went out straight away and then came back for me almost an hour later. Once we were ready
to set off, Steve said, "We'll do one of your flat rides now," knowing that I have done lots of bike rides on my own when he has been out working here. I have to ride in front on these rides because he does not know the route. At one point he caught up to me and said, "I hope you know where exactly you are because I am completely lost." I told him that we were almost at our turn around loop. On the way back I took a right turn that fooled him completely and he said that at that point he would have turned either of the two other ways and is was lucky I was so familiar with the area.

Once we turned back to head in toward our  base we were both surprised to see that the blue sky was completely gone and huge black clouds were building. We hoped that we would get back without getting soaked and did just get in before it started to spit.

The scenery is devastating every where around. It is the most fabulous place for a bike run holiday although it is work that has brought us here for the umpteenth time.

No comments: