Monday, May 16, 2016

Gettin' Old


Gettin’ Old
 
I’ll be seventy seven in a few months time month’s time
Next year to seventy eight the years past will climb
I’m talking seventy three and holding there right now
Putting off the inevitable rise in numbers somehow. 

My goodness me, how the years have broken into a run
Believe you me when I say that getting old is not much fun
It’s no good panicking about it, that won’t help at all
Counting the wrinkles in the mirror will just appal. 

Better work at spending each day in an economical fashion
Get on with what you want to get done with a degree of passion
Wasting time must always be listed as the number one sin
No matter what your state of health or the mood you are in. 

Half a century is a birthday party that when we are forty, dread
Passed three quarters of a  century every year jumps ahead
How did I not see all this coming or those years going past?
Make note now young things, youth is pretty but it doesn’t last.

 

No comments: