Friday, May 13, 2016

My Untold Wealth


The poem here is one from the early days of my: How to get through having three broken bones trying to heal and trying not to fidget, rule. To keep my head on straight I told myself to write a few lines per day whether it be a poem or a dream or just a rand against the state fate had left me in. The system works out well but left me with a bothersome scribbling habit.

 
I may not me a wealthy lady
But I’m rich in many ways
Treasures not from something shady
These memories of golden days 
Happy times with my darling girl
Lasting joys forever become
When she grew into a priceless pearl
My greater benefit to be her mum 
Friendship lifts my spirits o’er life’s hard knocks
No trouble as bad as first it seems
Keep thoughts from life’s ceaseless ticking clocks
My friends a rope to hold my dreams 
A husband who never  let me down
In life and work and love we share
The precious jewel in my crown
I turn and he is always there 
In later years I’m brought to see
Fortune brought them to my life
Just how much they’ve done for me
To ease the pain and mend the strife 
We don’t need houses, jewels and wealth
Just life’s kind souls so trusting climb
Above sad times to spiritual health
With friends and family a hearts sublime 
 
 

No comments: