Saturday, May 21, 2016

Holding the fort


It has been a little bit hectic this week with the boss being away. I have been rushing around like one of those fly's, I am sure you know the sort.

There have been a lot of things to finish off, plus Steve emails and texts with extra little jobs that have popped up that he has no way of doing since he is on a massive moving job in Venice. They have all our trucks (Two medium size and the small one) don't get ideas about a huge fleet. They are transporting furniture for some rich folks. It has been taken there by road, but then we all know about Venice, or should. Its very watery. They then have to unload some of the truck load and move it onto a barge. Take a nice scenic canal ride to the posh apartment. Then with two guys lifting from the barge, which is on water of course, so a bit wobbly, they are passing it up to two men hanging out of a window in the apartment!!!!! Three apartments.

I think Health and Safety takes a dive in Venice. It has been three days now of little loads on barges.

Meanwhile back at my desk I have had loads of what seems like trivia in comparison, but has taken me well into the evening each day.

I have a car coming for me at 6.30 am tomorrow to take me to Gatwick, or Gatport Airwick as I prefer. Steve will hopefully have finished in Venice today and be on the road. He should pick me up at Geneva Airport at noon tomorrow before the next massive operation commences in France with a different set of clients going to Beziers, Avignon and Montpellier.

Wish us luck.

No comments: