Monday, November 7, 2016

Oh look out; she’s got her rant head on again!


 
HHHMMMMM! I am starting to question this whole Christmas shopping thing myself.  For certain, I am not liking the general attitude to Christmas shopping and certainly not the total wave of frontal assaults from the stores planning to battle to make the most money out of the whole thing, with no other consideration even vaguely visible. They do not wish you a Happy Christmas; that is a great big porky pie! What they wish, is for you to spend as much of you hard earned cash as possible with them, to make them even richer, and leave your pockets as empty as you are foolish enough to allow. 

What is it all about now? Ok, let us get one point out of the way shall we? Several people have said to me that Christmas is just for the children! Oh is it? Well that is big news to me because I thought it was a religious festival; Goodwill to all men etc! If big business is working around to making it something else, I for one will not be joining in. In fact I may start right now. There, I have refused to continue taking part in this obscenity; stopped. 

My Christmas shopping will be for the people I love and care for. Our family, and our close friends. It should not be viewed simply as party season on any level. I take a very dim view indeed of anybody using this special time (on my calendar) just to drink yourself silly and eat appalling amounts of food. In fact that all sounds a bit pagan to me and it is probably not a maybe, that sex will be thrown in to complete the orgy eventually if it has not already with the behaviour horror stories we hear about at office parties. 

How come people do not see what a small part they play in the grand scheme of the ruthless use of this traditional time of year that was once about peace, love, and charity etc. The vast majority of the people I know, who blitz their way through this festival without any thought what so ever concerning the origins for this time for reflection on a way of life. Most only go to church these days for weddings, which again has mostly nothing to do with the church and much to do with having a bigger, sprauncier wedding that of their friends and sometimes they attend Christenings and on both occasions many folk are making promises and declarations that they have no intention of fulfilling. 

I see a rather selfish world ahead, full of men and women who only care about themselves and their own pleasure. Attention to right and wrong, should in that case be the next fence that will fall. I just hope and pray that there are more people like me and mine, who want to fight this battle of bad manners and self centred living. Come on people; please make an effort to behave with kindness and consideration to each other. Give your love for Christmas.

No comments: