Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Latest Hurdle Passed

 

Last Monday I wrote that I was going to the local cinema to catch a matinee show of a film that Steve did not want to see. You couldn’t pay him to go. It is Fantastic Beasts, the Harry Potter prequel with Eddie Redmayne. That did not happen, because with the best laid plans……I had done all my work, written and posted my diary blog, got my self ready, done my hair half tidily and thrown a bit of slap on my face, because with a bug in fairly full flow I looked it bit wan. I had put a small bottle of water in my bag, as a precaution and I had taken an inhaler with me too. All set then. I locked the back door and went through the garage having opened the automatic garage door. 

No Car! 

I came back in and rang Steve just to check that he had taken it and it had not been stolen. He said he was sorry and that he had completely forgotten that I wanted the car. It was too late for him to come back, and anyway I knew that he was far too busy to stop work just to drive me down to the cinema. It was also too late to walk in the time even if it was not raining, which it was, it was blowing a gale. It was just as well because I was coughing quite badly and would just be a pain to who ever else was in the cinema. So that left me at home for the afternoon anyway. 

 

Plan B. I will go this afternoon; it is an hour earlier that it was on Monday 1.30 pm. Again I have completed all tasks. This morning I missed the third swim session since I went down with this bug. I have also missed three runs and other stuff on the list. For four days I have not left the house and needed to get some fresh air, so when Steve got back from his swim session this morning, I was ready to go with him to Arundel for him to do the 5km run on our schedule. I planned just to walk the 5km route in Arundel Park, take some photos, and make some notes, I always carry a notebook. 

Steve would be finished his run and driven five minutes to Vicky Vickery to have a sports massage session. With all the photo stops and notes, I would finish my walk and get to the coffee house, where I could work on the notes I had taken, order and drink a pot of Darjeeling before Steve met me there after his pummelling. 




 

I still coughed a bit on the walk but felt ok apart from that and not tired so I was pleased with the outing. Steve had coffee when he came to meet me and then we went home to do the office work needed for the next load of collections in the truck tomorrow which also involved writing our a pile of cheques to pay for the clients goods on collection. Steve needs me to write those out because his hand writing is total rubbish and so I have to write anything that people actually are expected to be able to read.  


 

 I will have to take Steve to work so that I can have the car for the afternoon and he can come home later in our van. 

This evening I will not be going to the ‘Write Night’; coughing whilst reading is not great. Next time I hope to make it.

No comments: