Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday–grrrrr-Morning-grrrr,



 
 
AHHH-TISHHH-CCHH-OOOOOO

Monday–grrrrr-Morning-grrrr, is turning quickly into a total nightmare swim session for me. The Monday Sneezing had got to the point where it was either better to stop trying to swim Monday morning or try everything I could think of the beat the allergy to the pool that is a purely a Monday occurrence. Since all the staff at the pool swear to me that there is nothing different about Mondays and say that I am the only one claiming to be affected by it; it is a question of battling head-on trying overcome my problems or quit the Monday swim.

 Action taken so far is:
To try to use a nose clip.That sounds easy enough I’m sure but keeping a nose clip in place 
is also proving to be difficult and disruptive. Measures taken to get along with the clip include making sure that my skin is completely clear of any skin products. This is something that is also hard for me because I suffer with dry skin and obviously that is not improving

So on Monday morning I wash my face thoroughly; which is something I have never done in my life before and I have always advised friends and family to take very good care of their skin and NEVER wash your face, very bad idea for us girls, especially if they swim in chlorine regularly; it’s a killer of pretty skin.

So that much alone is hard, but I have been making sure my face is completely and utterly cream free. Even taking that careful precaution I can only keep a nose clip on for a maximum of two lengths before it pops off. I have bought four different nose clips so far. My nose is not very big and they only come in one size.

This morning it was impossible to stick to my schedule, since I was constantly re- rubbing my nose and the clip to clean them both before getting another 50 metres into my swim.
 
I have been taking a one a day allergy tablet every day and an extra one on Monday. I hear my next door neighbour sneezing through the dividing wall, but not as badly as I have been affected. At least I have stopped the all day long sneezing fit with the help of some nose clip use.

However this morning, having got through the first half hour, my nose was feeling sore on the outside from the constant harsh rubbing to keep the skin clear and non slippery. So at 7am I began to continue the rest of my schedule  doing back crawl and since I do quite a bit of backstroke anyway; I always do my swim down back stroke and I was able the swim the stroke for a full half hour at a steady pace, my back stroke is quite presentable.

After yesterdays hilly off road run, in the soaking rain; on top off hardy turbo sessions of late, I was a bit achy around my hips especially the right hip and when we got home. I had a good soak in hot water and taking my coaches advice did little else but rest. Keeping somebody like me still is like asking a bluebottle to take it easy!


My ever thoughtful husband carefully selected a suitable movie for me to watch in the afternoon. He had found one he thought I would like in a list of award winning films. It was Birdman that won a number of golden statues at the 2015 Academy Awards including Best Film, Best director, Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu (Who also won in 2016), Best Screenplay was Alejandro again, and Best Cinematography and all three of the stars were nominated.


I have no idea how I missed seeing that film in 2015 especially when you take into consideration that it has two of my favourite actors in it Michael Keaton ( Loved him ever since Beetlejuice) and Edward Norton are both strong influences on my movie going activity normally. Anyway I had not seen it, it was an escapee to me, a mistake. When Steve suggested it I jumped at the thought.

                                         
Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu

We both loved every moment of Birdman and even Steve accepted without turning a hair, the fact that the fading movie star did have a persistent invisible influence from the character that had make him famous in the person of the very interesting beaky feathery Birdman. It was utterly brilliantly directed and superbly acted by Michael Keaton who had me smiling in an idiotically drop jawed way through much of the film. Fabulously outrageous and sadly funny even though it was infuriatingly tragic, yes, still funny though you felt really bad for smiling and the laugh out loud moments that should not have been funny and would not have been for that character. Marvelous stuff and just made for Daphne Belt’s quirky little mind. 



No comments: