Thursday, February 16, 2017

Headless Chickens




We still managed to squeeze a turbo session in to our schedule today even though the day is tight enough to start off with. It was a poor start to the day when having made a cuppa for us both first thing; that Steve discovered that the Sky box had died. This is bad news enough for a normal person but for somebody who needs Eurosport the way some people need alcohol and other stimulants, it is a bit of a disaster. As Steve said to me whilst we turned our pedals in our turbo room upstairs, “Well its not the best time of year anyway, all the big winter sports events are almost finished and the best cycling does not start for a while”. I put in my two pence worth with, “But what about the Figure Skating World Championships in Helsinki in March”. “Oh Bum” he said, “I had forgotten about that”.


We have a group of people coming to the house this afternoon to talk about plans for some filming of a motivational piece aimed, I presume at encouraging older people, women in particular, to keep active. That is usually the point of interest when looking at me. They are coming this afternoon to look at the layout of our home because only one of the team of three has been to the house so far, just laying the base plan down. Our little terrace house will be a bit tight anyway with five people including ourselves moving around.


So I had a bit of a mad run around earlier after Steve had left for work, trying to make the house look less like a bomb had hit it than is the norm here. On the other hand I didn’t go too mad because I suppose they just want to see our true lifestyle and what is the point of pretense? I am too busy to make house cleaning my main aim. It is not, once week is about it; apart for the general stuff like washing up, washing, ironing etc.  Steve and I like to have a fire in the grate on winter evenings and that in turn is by its nature, dusty. Dusting is definitely a once a week job.


So it will be a ‘Take us as we are’, situation and what we are; is a bit quaint.


Before that I have a manifest list to type up for the latest container that the guys are working on at our warehouse. There is no huge hurry for my office work, since they are still doing the collections of goods for this shipment that is destined for the USA. 

You would think that all this was enough for one day but no, I have also to make sure that I have a change of clothes set out and my bigger, neater, handbag packed with, a wallet transfer, bottle of water, a packet of Jelly Snakes, a makeup modifying purse and the tickets, since as soon as the film crew are gone we going out to the theatre to see Running Wild, that was a piece shown in the open air in Regents Park last summer. The performance starts at 7pm.


In addition to all of the above I have made sure that my swimming bag for the morning is all packed. Tomorrow will be swim session at 6.30 am at Freedom Leisure Littlehampton (who have been most helpful) and then a short run, both will be filmed. We will be wearing swim suits under our running kit to go to the pool and then I of course, I will have to add sport bra and panties to my bag for the run; there no chance of going commando for me, too much of me to hang loose.





No comments: