Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Work Trip to France Preparations


 
 
The couple of days before Steve has to go away on a work trip are a total nightmare for me. He has had me jumping from job to job, which I hate, because it takes forever to get through work that way. It has been difficult to get other things that needed doing, done also, because no sooner do I get stuck into one thing, than he calls me to do something else. He is also like a bear with a sore head when there is so much to do before he can get away.
 
 
There has also been a degree of the ‘Where’s my’s’. I have packed his suitcase and asked repeatedly if he needs this or that item. The only thing that I have not been able to find are his lightweight green trousers. I have searched everywhere for them and the more they have not come to light the more he wants those particular pants. I have taken out all his trousers; he has fifty or more pairs, and sorted them into type and colour and put them back how he likes them, with the legs over the front of the hanger and the bum part at the back with the point of the crotch facing outwards in the wardrobe. This is a habit he adopted years ago when we moved a meticulously neat Hawaiian man out of his London home. Thankfully he has not taken this man’s other obsession and bought every article of clothing in beige and navy only; two of everything.  I have also sorted out my trouser section in my upstairs wardrobe cupboard in case they were put there by mistake (that would be my mistake of course) we also have work trouser and shirt cupboards downstairs I have taken every item out and put them back again neatly. No light green bags were found. They could still be behind the seat in any of three vehicles since work and decent clothes often go out together on a split kind of work day (Clean/dirty work) or he could have worn them to the pool on a Saturday for the club session, changed into shorts to coach and then gone home in the shorts. My money is on this last thought, he is not a man who comes home without his trousers as a rule. There is also a coffee and tea making bag to sort out as well as the wash bag, vitamins, tubes if this and that etc.
 
 

Worse still in this irritation is when he has asked me to come up to the office to do a few more jobs, I sit down at the computer and then he does not ask me to do anything so all I do is get to look out of the window at the neighbour’s garden over the road. I poke up with that for on average ten minutes and then I leave and go and do other things again. 

He always says that I will have such a peaceful time whilst he is away but that is never the case. It is NEVER the case. I already have instructions to go and do several jobs on different days. He will be on the phone with lists of jobs for me to do from afar. It does in fact make my life messier rather than the ‘Peaceful’ time he referred to.

 

Another game he has had me running around at this evening was a last minute question, “Have we got any Euro’s?” Thankfully that was an easy one because that is something that I operate a strict rule of always putting them in the same place once a trip is completed…. if there are any Euros’ left after a trip that is. This time there were, not a great deal but enough to sneak away for a few quiet coffee moments certainly.
 
 

My only satisfaction is that I have given him a shopping list for France which includes one chore of going into a make-up only shop that I like, called Sephora. He would not admit to his friends that he actually has a loyalty card for the shop, in his name! He is not the slightest bit embarrassed and always gets the girls to help him.

 

 

 

 

No comments: