Monday, September 12, 2016

A Bird in the Hand


 
 

Well, that’s it then; the 2016 triathlon season is over as far as I am concerned.  The last event that I had entered is done and dusted. All there is to do now is the start thinking about 2017. I suppose when I think about it, that is not truly all there is to do because first I have to decide if I have another season in me in all sorts of ways. There are a number of questions I need ask myself. 
 

1. Do I want to train all winter for another season in Triathlon?
Yes of course I do, won’t stop swimming, won’t stop my lovely runs in the woods and over the Downs, and will be turbo training once the light fades and the weather turns colder. I do not think Riding out in the cold and wet is a good idea for anybody and definitely not good idea for an old girl who is getting a little long in tooth. I do enjoy the Turbo sessions both at home and the bigger ones at the Fire Station with lots of friends. 
 

2. Will my ageing body hold up that long?
Who knows? We will see I suppose.
 

3. What would be my main aim if I did try to struggle on?
ITU World Triathlon Championships in Rotterdam next September I would think unless I get a better idea. Maybe.
 

4. Are there other things I would rather apply my time to?
Always. I am always thinking about doing a thousand other things.
 

The winter holds many treasures. Last Saturday was the opening of booking for the Winter season at the Chichester Festival Theatre. I booked for seven (Yes SEVEN) different, shows, plays, operas, orchestral evenings there. I have booked for Turandot at the Windmill this Thursday evening, on my own for that, Billy No Mates. Steve will be working away.
 


 

Winter sports are a big interest too and I will be following all my favourite athletes.
 
 
 

Bob sleigh, Skeleton, Skiiing, winter Biathlon Season (Cross country and shooting)…. Oh boy do I love that. Winter Holiday in Switzerland and the Black Forest to look forward to with lots of hikes. Yippee!
 


 

 

  
 
Bobsleigh Driver 
He stands alone, eyes softly closed
Quiet in a rowdy winter place
Space man helmet upon him posed
Ready for battle but hidden face 
 
Power built muscles developed
In mental silence this stolid man
Concentrated thoughts enveloped
Ghostly driving to his ideal plan 
 
Visualisation practiced and honed
Dependable trusted team leader
Picture first perfection zoned
Not in prayer, and not a pleader 
 
Conductor’s hands move in a trance
Take each curve and straight
The spirit moves in sliding dance
Fear not considered and nor fate 
 
Calling only on his own power
Faith placed only in his team
Their strength and skill empower
Each sinew work to it’s extreme 
 
This preparation for their drive
On wall of unforgiving solid ice
Calm now before they strive
Follow their dream route precise
 





 
 

 

No comments: