Saturday, June 4, 2016

Coiff’d


 
Just by chance I wandered in it had not been by intention
My hair, neglected for a while longer than is usual for me
Unwelcome white shows beyond the roots I should mention
Previously short hair has been allowed to grow to see
If I could cope with returning to a length extension 

The owner has a Renoir fringe ending just above her eyebrows
Her make up also from another place another time
Her dainty silk blouse drapes prettily and as she turns
One sees that the blouse is open between the neck and the hem
Revealing the slim tight flesh of her bare back
Almost bare then but for a tiny bra band 

I hear my own voice ask is there is a free appointment
Half hoping they could not fit me in on the off chance
Play acting maybe, the punk girl there by employment
Browses the diary at length rather than a quick glance
I’m pleased to return in an hour to save disappointment
 
This stylist has most of her cerise and pink hair tied back
Whilst her long one sided fringe hangs to her chin line
Deep red lips pout slightly
She is short and a little stocky
The chunky boots help or hinder the look
Depending on her intention 

My entrance was after all simple circumstance
The retro Renoir woman shows me her colour chart
Maybe she sees this on me do I trust her perchance
A shade less then modest I silently say to my heart
Her suggestion now makes my eyes want to dance  

There is one male stylist with a developing paunch
Tall and looking comfortable in a woman’s world
His dirty blonde hair roughly centrally parted
The head of hair end curly gently over his collar
He cuts and snip with speed and confidence
His eye darting to glance in the mirror now and then 

Ms Renoir wears a beaded pearl bridal tiara band
Around her thick glossy hair of raven black
Girls buzz around the Queen Bee at her command
Trying for those skills that they as yet lack
Looking to please she who hold the whip hand 

My hair is carefully parted then painted by brush
I am concerned at first as the cream looks pure white
Applied to my every root first and later spread
Relief when the colour develops to a softer shade
My professional colourist smiles wickedly at me
I’ve got your number her eyes seem to say
 
 
 

No comments: