Monday, April 18, 2016

Wooden Enemy's

 
Wooden Enemy's 
My husband thought this was what I had said
For some years he thought this correct.
My ear did not discern that he’d missed the thread
That he had filed it in his head so defect. 
It was when I pointed to his disbelief
During a tramp thru’ a patch in a woody bank
How you see they are anemones by the leaf
He claimed I had a point and to me he’d thank. 
Then it was when he confessed his mistake;
For ‘Wooden Enemies’ he thought was their name,
For so many years, he laughed, for goodness sake!
It all made sense Wood Anemone sounds the same. 
What indeed is in a name as was said of old?
Aren’t they just a pretty with either brand?
They’ll still show their star to sunshine bold
And close the bell when evening is at hand.
 
 
 
 

No comments: