Monday, April 4, 2016

Bored or boring


Who are those people with time to be bored?
For me there are not enough hours in the day, not enough days in the week or weeks in a year, years in a lifetime. 

Most of the time, I make myself a daily list of all the things I want to do and never get to the end of it. I try really hard to get all my training done first thing in the morning. All the smelly training kit washed, dried and put away as quickly as possible. All my jobs in the home and office work ploughed through, in the hope that I will then have a little time for some of my own more fun projects. 

Reading is a big love; there is always a book or two on the go and twenty more that I am have promised myself.  

My poetry is a great escape into another heavenly world, the gates of which opened yonks years ago at school when I was one of the poetry teacher’s pets, one of the few who actually memorised the poem she chose for us each week, one of the members of her speech choir. I carry a notebook with me everywhere in my seriously overstuffed bag to scribble idea’s into. The ‘Write Nights’ have got to the point, when they are enjoyable instead of a terror that I have had absolutely no reason to put myself through but have. 

 My blog is another enjoyable area that allows me to shoot my mouth off with not a ‘hush’ anywhere near me, not a gag in sight.  

Cross stitch embroidery comes further down the self imposed time allocation. I treat it as a time luxury item, always lots of plans but other things I want to do first. There are sewing projects and world travel to wish for, and that means maps to pour over and places to check up on with Google. 

Then music, cinema, theatre. Following all the other sports I love as a spectator, the greatest of these being figure skating of which I am a HUGE fan. 

There is barely time to eat, so how would I ever be bored. I tend to think that when people complain that they are bored, what they should admit is that they are bor……ing. Big difference.

No comments: