Monday, April 11, 2016

Note to self

Every time I write a page in my diary, Steve likes me to read it to him. Yesterday he laughed as I read it, but he had taken in some of the things I had written. When he left for work, I told him that I was going out to a couple of shops for a few things that I needed for the house, washing powder, tumble dryer sheets and few other equally boring things that make the home world go round. He stopped half way up the back garden path and turned to face me. "You could get some salad things when you go to the bank". That is unusual. He is so fussy. It seems that I fell at the first fence because I go to one shop for things like the washing powder and another one if I need bagels and fruit, another for my coffee. I was greeted by a disappointed OOH, when I told him on the phone later, that I had bought the salad in Tesco's.  Steve is a strictly Waitrose or M & S man. Later this evening I was allowed to prepare the spring onions into little frills instead of one of the ways that he likes to do them. I did also get top marks for preparing his favourite midweek (diet days) dessert; orange and pink grapefruit segments. He won't do that; one of his little quirks is that much as he loves orange and grapefruit he hates getting that very messy job done. Still, we all have our quirks don't we? I never use a tea towel twice, it goes straight in the wash. Oh, and no I don't want a dishwashing machine.
Best part of my day today was that I met the gorgeous little boy whose parents have just moved in next door. What a little poppet.

No comments: