Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Weird April Day


 

This was a weird day for any time of year but for a late April, it was the weirdest ever.
First thing this morning it was clear, but freezing cold. Then it warmed up enough, that I put washing out on the line in the back garden. Then we had hailstones the size of two-er marbles, then sun again and then it snowed: only for a short while but snow it was. 

The photos were taken just before 2pm, when we were on our way to our second cinema visit in three days. Our little Arts theatre cinema had ‘Trumbo’ on a return visit. Steve and I had wanted to see it when it was first released but life stood in our way. 

I’m not going to do a full review today because it would be fair to complain that I claimed that every movie I saw was a five star film. This can be easily explained with these four words….I CAN PICK ‘EM.
Bryan Cranston as Trumbo = super
This complete film = super. 

I am an old enough movie fan to remember all that talk that ruined the life’s of so many great Hollywood people. Very entertaining and a true story scores extra points for me. My husband is the most trusting of souls and even though he firmly holds the reins of our business and of our sports training and racing, he knows that he is rubbish at selecting which films we go to see. This and the theatre selection belongs to me.
 

No comments: