Sunday, July 19, 2020

'New' is not always good,



My last computer had been getting slower by the day but still I was used to it like old slippers I was comfortable with it. The trouble seemed to be that I had crossed the date line on some of the things that I was using. You will get the idea from what I am writing that I am not even a tiny bit technically minded so if you asked me a question about what system I have or what version of Word or Outlook  I have installed on this computer you might just as well be speaking chinese.

I have a new computer as of this week. Nightmare. I keep telling myself that if I just keep trying it will all fall into place but that is just not happening and it is driving me to distraction. I don't have time to take that approach. My day is competely full and I mean every day. I am not a lady of leisure. I need to be shown AGAIN how to work all the new programmes. I cannot play my way through the beginner stage again.

All I want to be able to do is to send/respond to emails, write daily mainly for my blog but also other documents to send out like my race programme each year, or my Sports CV details, all of which I have managed in the past to make up myself.

Another most important big file system is my poetry. I have over a thousand poems written and stored in files.  Added to that I have my own files of other favourite poetry.

'My pictures' is another hornets nest right now that I cannot get to grips with. Then there is the work and business lists I need to make, collection lists, packing lists and clients manifest lists.

I don't play on my computer, I work on it.


No comments: