Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Best laid plans



                                                                          
If only the rain had started an hour earlier, Steve would have got out of bed when the alarm went off at 4.30 am and then seen that it was raining and climbed back in bed for another hour or so. Instead because it was only looking a bit dreary and not threatening at that time, we did get up make coffee get into our run kit and drive to our start spot, and that was when the rain started coming down hard. We thought it might pass and so we sat there and listened to the radio for a few moments. It didn’t pass so instead we passed on the run there. Steve ever full of hope then drove down to the sea front to see if the rain had already passed by that point but it was raining as heavily there.

I noticed later when I checked in on FB that a couple of triathlete friends had been even sillier than us, since it was the birthday of one of them and he had chosen to still go out for his birthday bike ride. Getting caught in the rain when you are well into a ride or a run is one thing but going out anyway and taking your wife with you wearing one of her many pretty pink tops doesn’t leave much to be said other than Happy Birthday Clive, hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

We are hoping for a better day this coming Sunday since that will be Stephen’s 70th birthday and we also like to go out early for a morning mock up of a race, fingers crossed for that then. We did do a couple of classes of Qigong but even then it was too early to get on the turbo trainers to turn our legs round for a while. We don’t need to upset anybody. Our neighbours don’t appear to get up anything like as early as we do. So I got to work tidying up and later on, boring old dusting and hovering got done as well as gardening, dead-heading and hacking back the big climbing roses too.

My daughter rang to tell me that she had, very kindly been to the pharmacy close to my doctor’s surgery to pick up my prescription for me, but that it was not ready and in fact had not been sent to them from the surgery. It only takes a couple of clicks on the surgery computer system to send it through and I had ordered the prescription on line last Thursday. The pharmacy is a couple of hundred metres away if that. True, that the surgery itself is closed. They are managing to cope with only online and I think telephone appointments. Still a week seems like a long time even in the current state of affairs.

I have not been a pest at all, under the circumstances, indeed I have been a pillar of patience but I am running very low on my couple of regular prescription items. My daughter has now been to pick up from the pharmacy several times now. I rang the surgery, where there is only a very long recorded message due to the present state if affairs and on the third attempt I did actually get to speak to a real person. I asked about the hold up and the person said that it was on annual review! Nobody had told me that!

Anyway I pointed out that I had been having difficulties getting my prescription and was actually completely out of one item and was told that it would be sent today. I have only managed to get one prescription picked up during the whole four months of the lock down.


No comments: