Saturday, October 1, 2016

While the Cats Away .... Again!



Having survived the last minute rush of things to get done before Steve set off for a trip that would take him to the other side of the Planet Earth. I had hoped for a quiet afternoon once he had left the house to drive to Heathrow airport. That was not to be as it turned out and there were a number of minor problems that fell to me to sort out. These all involved slaving over a hot computer and gradually things were ironed out. Steve rang me on his long walk to the departure lounge and a few more exchanges took us up to the boarding time of his flight to Washington. 
 
I then had just about enough time to get myself ready to go out for the evening with a group of friends from our swimming sessions. We had a traditional fish and chip dinner in Harry Ramsden’s and yes, don’t we just really know how to live it up. That choice was made because it is directly opposite Worthing’s Pier Pavilion where we were going to see Worthing Musical Theatre production of 9 2 5 in which our friend Anthony was performing. Here is Anthony Towers with me on a holiday last year.
  
 
 It’s always fun watching a local amateur show, because the atmosphere is so great since a large number of the audience are there supporting their family and friends. The performers cannot do anything wrong. The only thing we though Anthony had done wrong was not to get a bigger part in the show, such a shame since he has an excellent speaking voice with great projection and also sings very well. On this occasion that was difficult I suppose because there was only one real male lead part and the star parts were all female. Good music though and we of course have Dolly Parton to thanks for that.
 
I was lucky enough to have been picked up from home by my friend Michelle and duly dropped home again whilst it was still quite early. With Steve not home to shepherd me into bed early, I stayed up and watched The Graham Norton Show once I saw who were his guests were for that show. Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick promoting their new animated film Trolls. They do both have great voices but its not on my list of must sees.
 
 
 
 
 However, Daniel Radcliffe was also a guest of the show talking about his two new films; the first one he spoke of is Imperium, in which he plays an agent who infiltrates a white supremacist organisation. That looks very intense and a truly nasty subject. Radcliffe looks horrible with the shaved head required for that part.
 
 
The second film, Swiss Army Man, is a really quirky tragic comedy about I guy stranded on a dessert island, Paul Dano, who finds the body of a young man washed up on the beach and proceeds to use him for all sorts of weird stuff includes finding multi uses for his gassy flatulence. Ok it looks sort of art house dark comedy, yet it looks as though it lifts as much as it sinks to the depths.
 

I have it firmly on my list and I have to add I think Daniel Radcliffe is a quality actor who is so much more than just Harry Potter who brought him fame and rightly so. Big Potter fan here, how do you expect to converse with children if you know nothing of the little wizard. Photo below is Radcliffe with Dead Daniel. 
 
 
 
 
 Last to appear on the show was Robbie Williams who sang very well as we would expect, a great track from his new album, after telling such a rude story (Oh, so rude) about his younger self.
 

 I think the track he sang was called Party Like a Russian
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: