Thursday, October 20, 2016

In Memory of Michael Hoolickin





I posted this poem a few days ago when I first read this terrible news. Then I changed it make it seem less personal when there were still questions in the air.

So here I have restored the poem to the original words, and replaced the photo that I had removed. Having seen today’s news that I have copied in at the bottom here. My husband Steve and I feel so deeply the sadness that all of Michaels friends and relatives are feeling, particularly our cousins who have lost a lovely nephew.
 

For Michael 

Someone has been murdered
No idea who
You think about his family
What ever will they do
 

Someone has been murdered
Nobody you know
But he was loved by someone
Maybe someone that you know
 

Someone has been murdered
Caught up in fight
Trying to help a girl
He saw it wasn’t right
 

Someone has been murdered
So terrible a blow
Heartbreak for a family
Of someone that you know
 

Someone has been murdered
You know their hearts will break
A nephew of your cousin
You weep for their tears sake
 

Someone has been murdered
Leaves a boy without his dad
They never will forget him
Forever now so sad
 

A man's being questioned by police over the murder of a young father from Greater Manchester.

27 year old Michael Hoolickin died of stab wounds he suffered in a fight outside a pub in Middleton

He's the son of former Oldham Athletic player Gary Hoolickin.

A 21 year old man is being questioned on suspicion of his murder after being arrested on Merseyside.



No comments: