Saturday, January 21, 2017

Knuckling down to the job in hand




Steve is working in London again today at the Decorative Fair in Battersea. He has been in charge of the transport for a neighbour dealer called La Place, at the Vinery which is where our business is located on The A27 at Poling near Arundel here in West Sussex, all shoulders to the wheel. It is all quite a palaver setting up a large stand there and certainly not easy since there are a group of jobsworths controlling  where the park and access etc. The stand has to be completely built, flooring put down and making partition walls ready for hanging wall lights as well as a complete paint job before the furniture and small items can be laid out. I am not expecting him to get home any earlier than he did last night because once the work is finished there is a traffic filled journey home from London in the truck after setting off very early this morning; even earlier than we do when we got for our swim sessions. The show is on for a week until 29th January. The dismantling of the stand next weekend is not quite as bad as the set up programme.

This does not mean that I have had a nice restful couple of days to myself because when ever Steve is away it means that there is more that I get left to do mostly running around jobs, like just having got back from picking up the two guys who had to return the extra hire truck that was needed for such a big job and taking them back to the Vinery. When we got there our driver Nigel got out and told me that my tyre was pretty flat and he was kind enough to get the compressor out and pump it up for me knowing that Steve was otherwise occupied and I admit to being useless at such things.

There was a small delivery job for me to do and the job that is usually spared me…. To get something in for dinner, whereas Steve usually does food shopping because food and the kitchen are his domain normally. Having said that, I did make dinner last night which is a rarity although Steve did phone me with some cooking preferences even though I DO KNOW HOW TO COOK but he likes to do that so I am normally just an assistant and bus boy and washer-upper.

The club swim session tonight will also be down to me to take care of and then it will be home to light the fire to make it welcoming for my man’s return to our little nest. Again I will take care of dinner.

In a way all the extra things have spared me from the thousand and one repeats of the highlights from Donald Trump and the whole of the USA’s big day yesterday. I am not even going to start on that since our own home political situation is about as La-La land as it is in America. I just hope that the nice 45th President will let me in on my next journey to the USA, a country that I love to bits and that I have nowhere near concluded my adventures in. Still loads I want to see and places I want to visit on my bucket list. Driving on all the nice new roads that the President says will be built. We will have to wait and see will we not and meanwhile crossing our fingers for the future of both our great countries. 



No comments: