Thursday, September 3, 2020

Getting back into action


  We had taken couple of weeks off heavy training right now. This is mainly to give my husband more time to spend on getting our business operation changed to something of a smaller concern at least for the time being. There are some things still then need to be sorted out so it is not something that can be rushed but need to be arranged sooner rather than later.

This has meant that Steve anyway, has not been able to join me for any training, so it seemed like a suitable time to call an ‘End of Season rest’.

I have used the time to get some end of season gardening done and have been busy turning out many of the plant pots, refreshing my stock of soil with some new compost in stacker boxes and mixing in some fresh fertilizer before starting to pot up the big box of flashy tulips I bought on line and got a bit carried away with when ordering. Gardening is my job for the most part since Steve doesn’t know weed from a Geranium.


Since I am not running or riding my bike I am doing my best, keeping supple with my indoor regime of Ballet and Qigong from the hundreds of TV classes that are available. I did dance as a child but that was a very long time ago. However, I have kept active during my life in many ways including horse riding, ballroom dancing, walking, swimming, (back and breast stroke) and some gym classes and workouts over the years between my young days and taking up triathlon at a bit past fifty. It is after all no good simply wishing that you were fitter; we are all in fact, the one who is in charge of our own fitness levels, there is no doubt there. You are your own health governor. 


 I will probably not be writing on my diary page tomorrow since I am going out on the road in the truck with Steve to do some business deliveries. We will be starting quite early and probably finishing late, hence no blog.

I will be back on Saturday scribbling away, having made a few notes along the way no doubt. I always carry a notebook with me whenever I am away from home for the day or longer, a compulsive thing.


 

 

 

 

No comments: