Monday, October 5, 2020

The Parking Angel

 

 


      

The Parking Angel

 

Not by chance I have driven in to town,

necessity calls for responsive obedience.

Drivers behave worse than a circus clown

each in greater need, face a stern frown,

only to themselves holding allegiance.

 

Nearing the destination of the day

awareness is set a different test,

focus changing from traffics array.

Instead I search to park and stay

my method varies from the rest.

 

No spaces anywhere in plain sight,

help is needed and I offer a prayer

to the Parking Angel on winged flight

who seems to know where is right

and guides me to a spot newly there.

 

She only helps her faithful few;

respect the only payment we need

to the feathered apparition due,

whilst some at the car park entrance queue.

Quietly, thanks to her, I do concede.


 

 

No comments: