Saturday, October 3, 2020

Taking it easy for a change


The October mini series of storms presented by Alex seems to me to have just been a bout of normal autumn weather. Maybe having been caught out not forecasting something terrible some years ago, that they now lean toward over egging the strength of what is to come. Or maybe I just slept through it?!?!?!? There has been a bit of local surface water, but nothing worse than is normal and I hope it stays at that level. Our little cottage in raised above the road level by about 8’ anyway.

 My only concern is that there will be a space in the storm cycle to allow us to get our planned 8 mile run in tomorrow morning. We have done two of that distance this week and three was the aim. We have two chances. Our base policy is that if we go out to run and it starts to rain while we are out… that it just too bad, but we don’t go out when it is already raining hard; we are both too long in the tooth to be that stupid.

We are having a day off today in preparation for the 3rd 8 miles in the morning if we are lucky. We just did two Qigong sessions earlier this morning about an hour all told, and then we have been having a nice easy day.. Steve made some superb bread rolls for our weekend breakfast treat. We don’t take breakfast during the week.

 

Then I finished off a bit of sewing that I had been doing in short sessions, and that item just needs the buttons to be sewn on. I’m not sure if I like it or not but I felt I had got into a bit of a rut as to what pattern I chose. We will see. Steve likes it so that’s a good start. Later on, I cut out the next on my endless list of sewing projects this time I have gone back to boring old form, with a simple shirt pattern.

 

 I had a volunteer assistant for that, but let me tell you that my little cat Miss Birdy is not a lot of help; but likes to be as close the cutting edge as possible and is quite determined not to move out of my way and gives me the death ray look if I push her away. You've heard of a Sewing Bee, well this is a Sewing Cat!

 

  Right now we have a perfect bit of background music going on. It is a concert from in Vienna on You Tube and that is lovely AND has our favourite tenor Jonas Kaufmann singing his heart out. We had never seen SchlÅ‘ss SchÅ‘nbrunn and both stopped in our tracks to look at the palace and magnifiscent gardens. Steve goggled it, while the concert was in progress and it seems that it has 1440 or more rooms that is in a similar style to Versailles. Steve was seemed almost annoyed at the fact that in all our years of travelling around Europe with our Antiques that transport that we had never visited it or even been aware of its beauty. If all goes well Covid wise that is, we have a race in Graz that is reasonably close, not two hours away, and are now churning over how we can wangle a bit of sight seeing in at the same time. Fingers crossed on that one.

Other than the concert this morning, we have been binge watching Marcella on Netflix. Anna Friel is excellent in it, as are a huge selection of Britishsoapoperafederationofextremelygoodjobbingactors, which is the only distraction because you will be saying ‘Oh, what have we seen him in’? and mostly the answer is Corrie or East Enders or Casualty.  

None the less it is superbly done. We have watched two episodes a night all this week. We highly recommend this series.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

 

 

 

No comments: