Monday, March 6, 2017

Tuff Fitty Frostbite Aquathlon: Part II




I must have enjoyed myself so much because here is my second day running load of nonsense about the event yesterday. I have to thank my friends, James Brock, Nicole Ewer and Nicole Patterson-Lett for the photos that I lifted from Face book, sadly I didn’t have any of my own to show off.





Ode to the TFTC Frosty Aquathlon

Such an early effort on a this Sunday morn
Not long stretched arms out wide to yawn
Still here I’m swimming briskly in a line
Faster than usual but feeling fine
The lane man touches my head with a board
Out I jump and move swiftly toward
My transition spot on the side of the pool
Hurry up, hurry but try to stay cool
A voices shouts loudly to “Hand your bag in”
I do so pulling a coat zip up to my chin
Don’t run on poolside the referee yells
Can’t get a penalty so do as she tells
Then out of the door and into the rain
Gloves on for warmth safes a bit of the pain
Check as I run that my numbers in place
One loop round the park as I find my race pace
Finish that bit and head up to the sea
Where marshals are shouting my name at me
Turn east all the way to the end of the prom
Soon running back to where I came from
The wind is wicked and it is raining sharp daggers
Young athletes speed past slow older back laggers
Yesterday was sunny yet today there’s a gale
Lycra tri-suits expose skin of light winter pale
Through wind and rain my spirits are high
As cold water drips down my back to my thigh
Friends shout my name and I’m lifted once more
As great grey waves crash down on the shore
Ever onward I push myself toward the pier
Is that rain on my face or efforts warm tear
And finally I make the last turn on the route
Lungs burn at the finish but I’m smiling to boot
Did I get up this morning to launch this attack
Or was it once more folks, just for the craic?





Name
Swim inc tr.
Run
total




Frostbite Aquathlon
400 mtr
5km





Stephen Belt 2017
  8.01
30.27
38.28
                      2016
  8.08
30.58
39.06
Christine Holyoake
12.07
29.34
41.41




Daphne Belt 2017
  9.43
33.27
43.09
                     2016
10.30
33.55
44.25




Frosty Aquathon
800 mtr
10km





Brigit Woolley
18.44
1.02.29
1.21.21








































  

No comments: