Monday, March 20, 2017

2017 Race Programme etc



.


The events we have entered this year are looking like good choices and two of them are local to us, Worthing and Arundel which is a huge bonus because there are no travel expenses involved and that could not be better. Both races have some importance to them since they are qualifiers for international events. Worthing Triathlon start shown above.

The training is going well and I am feeling more confident this year than I was last year when all sorts of things did not work out as planned due to having a couple of bugs and an injury tweek or two then.

We have already started nicely having had a lot of fun at the Frostbite spring Aquathlon a couple of weeks back.

Next up is the Swimathon on April 9th that Steve and I are both looking forward to because for starters, you don’t often at this time of year get the chance to do an uninterrupted swim of 5000 metres. The additional perk this year it that having a new company, Freedom Leisure, installed at our local pool we can do the event there and don’t have to go to a pool elsewhere to get that done.

After that Steve and I will be away in France for a couple of weeks bike training whilst Steve has a spell of work there, well actually I will get more training and rest there than Steve, because I will not be going off with the work period, I will be left on my own for a while there. Nice quiet roads in lovely countryside what ever route I take there and spoilt for choice at that. That's me running in the Burgundy vineyards a couple of summers ago below. Its so pretty at any time of year.


I am hoping that my sister and her husband will come and stay in our house and enjoy a holiday themselves whilst we are away. It is always nice to have a house sitter. We will then be back in time to go to Eton Dorney Lake on May 21st. That will be a sprint triathlon that is a qualifier for that distance at the World Championships on Rotterdam in September; 750 swim/21.2 km bike/5km run and only an hour or so from home, it is one of the events that we always try to squeeze into our racing schedule and this year there is the qualification reason.


Last night when once again it was so dreary outside that we still lit that fire for a while as we cosied down with our feet up after training in the morning, after which I kept well away from the kitchen because that is Steve’s domain and especially yesterday, since he was having some sort of big sort out after installing a new extractor fan and was combining cleaning up the mess with having a total re-shuffle of the cupboards. He can be a bit snippy if I put things away in the wrong place. However, since I have a husband who likes to cook and do the food shopping, you don’t hear me complaining; being the washing up and putting away slave is fine with me. That is not to say that I can’t cook because I can, I am a perfectly presentable cook but only if he gets home tired after a hard day at work am I called upon to help.

Later we watched All the Way it was a 2016 American HBO biographical TV drama film based on events of the presidency of Lyndon B. Johnson, directed by Jay Roach.
Bryan Cranston was so good as LBJ and Anthony Mackie was a nice choice for Martin Luther King.  Melissa Leo was lovely as Ladybird Johnson and Frank Langella, who we saw a few years ago locally as King Lear in the Minerva Theatre in Chichester was also well cast as Senator Richard Russell. I cannot think that this was an unpopular film but I am a huge moviegoer and had not heard of it before and we both wondered why that would be. Maybe LBJ was not cuddly enough to be remembered well. We enjoyed it very much.


Today is Monday, so it was a big 100’s day ( 20 x 100 on 2 minutes) in the pool for lane 1 but since I managed to keep that dreaded nose clip well on I just did a straight 1600 followed by 300 back stroke to make up my minimum of 1900 plus warm up with my eye on the swim for my 70.3 in June.


No comments: