Saturday, August 27, 2016

Rest, Relaxation and Registration


 Out of transition and the way to the start 2014
 
Today started badly; the injury that has been bugging me for a while being as bad as it had ever been when I woke this morning. It took me a full five minutes to even put my left foot to the floor, then and other five to stand with the weight on both feet and not holding on the nearby furniture.
 
 Arundel Park run route
 
Some twenty minutes later it had un-locked some. After a ten minute soak in a nice relaxing tub I was ready to try to stretch it all out a bit. This is annoying, but I am not feeling too badly about it because the massage sessions that I have had two shots at now, have given me much more mobility and I am hopeful that we will get to the bottom of it! Pardon the pun, to those who know where it hurts.
  Lake Michigan, Chicago

 To make the day feel different from a normal Saturday, I made a rare move and put on a skirt for a change. I’m not saying how rare this is but walking into Arundel from the car park I did feel as though I had forgotten my jeans. Breakfast in Osteria,  seated in the window watching the High Street, where they were preparing for the final few days of the Festival; The Arundel Festival is a big affair , and very well done I have to say.  Shakespeare in the Earls Garden, music and street performers, Dragon Boat racing and the Gallery Trail to name but a few of the features.
 
Out of transition on to the bike course 2015

There was no parking anywhere and the wardens were doing their darndest to clear the street. There were expensive looking sport cars parked both side of the hill for some reason. It is a mystery to me why anybody would want to buy a car like any of those, in a country where the traffic only moves and a nose to tail speed. Maybe it’s the BRRRRRUUMMMM BRRRRUMM noise that makes the owners so happy.
 
 
 
 
On our return home we both spent the next hour making preparations for Worthing Triathlon tomorrow in which we are both competing, hopefully to gain a qualifying slot for the European Championships in Kitzbuhel 2017. Steve and I checked out our transition bags and got out the things we would wear to the race in the morning. Actually it is Steve who does the checking if truth be known. He tells me to get my bag downstairs, and outside since it is a nice day, take all the contents out of my bag and put them out on the garden table. I check all of it carefully. Then he comes over and checks it himself and watches me pack it all back inside my bag. At this point I should say that I agree with him, I cannot be trusted to make sure that I have everything I need. I am not an air head as such you understand, but just the opposite, my head is full, quite full, and whirling at the speed of light. I still see many paths in my future, not just one or even two, as written by Robert Frost in his famous poem below. So today’s message is; Keep a look out so that you do not miss an important turn.
 
 

The Road Not Taken 

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
 
 
 

No comments: