Saturday, March 8, 2014

Doubt

Well, I have just checked the countdown in my diary and there are 85 days to go until I start my big charity challenge. I case my friends think that I am full of confidence and feeling cocky about any of it, today's entry will put you straight because I know it will be just that, a challenge and I am already getting the wiggle-waggles. I will need help. I will need a bit of back up. And I will hope that I meet my fundraising target. www.justgiving.com/Daphne-Belt

  
Doubt 

Starting to panic a little bit now
My extensive plans are looking scary
To carry out a challenge so big, Wow!
Questioning my own worth, being wary. 

Confidence has almost drained away
A sort of stage freight inside me I see
A countdown until the appointed day
Slow down time, can you wait for me? 

All the things my friends have said
Are all rushing back to haunt me
Earlier today my legs felt like lead
I was so sure and now doubt taunts me. 

Over the months I have talked the talk
Now the magnitude of the task has dawned
Soon I must swim, bike and run the walk
Fear of failure as a mighty chasm yawned. 

Strength I once had in full abundance
Endurance like a stately cloak I wore
Steel my self against my own redundance
I’ll face the challenge to which I swore.

No comments: