Sunday, July 11, 2021

Lost Journals

 


 For many years I have bought a new journal before each holiday that my husband and I have taken. These are for both,to have somewhere neat and with a hard cover in which to to do any vacation writing of a page of poetry or about my experiences or to keep notes about places we have visited or sometimes for a safe place to keep any results from events that we might have taken part in.

I have been a while since we were last away for a either an event or relaxing holiday. In fact stopping to think about it, the last time we were away visting somewhere worth writing about, was at the end of August 2019 when we had drived to Lausanne, in Switzerland for the ITU World Standard Distance Triathlon Championships. That was wonderful experience and as usual for my trips I had taken a nice new journal with me.

During the many horrible months that followed my usual standard of sorting and filing away my writing, things went badly pearshaped and with both of us spending so much time indoors, some things just got quickly pushed into drawers and cupboards. Or to put it another way, completely lost.

Now with faith that there are better days to come, a little tidying has taken place and this last week I was very happy to find three of my past holiday journals and I have taken my usual bedtime reading space to look through them and see what that safe hard cover was hiding.

Some of the poetry has not even been typed out and place in my peotry file with a number attached to it. A few did get transfered but some it was the firs time I had read them through since they were written whilst sitting beside a beautiful lake somewhere in Austria or Switzerland.

 

No comments: