Saturday, November 18, 2017

Poetry at Harbour Lights Cafe



 

  This great poster created by my daughter. www.jacquelinerackhamphotography.com

Poetry at Harbour Lights Café

Remembrance Sunday November 12th was also the day we held the second meeting of our new writing group and it went very nicely  Steve and I thought.
We had some very positive feedback and most people said that they would come again the next time we met, at the Harbour Lights Café by the lovely River Arun in Littlehampton.

Next few dates that are already booked with HLC for your diaries are:
December 10th
January 21st
February 25th
March 25th
Same time 2pm.
Same place, the meeting room above the Harbour Lights Café.

Once more there were a few new people who came along, some to read and some just to enjoy the afternoon with other poetry and reading/writing lovers.

Just to remind you all that if you would like me post one of your poems on this page, I am only too happy to do so.
Please email me on dafbelt@outlook.com

This here below, is one of mine after my run along the Monarchs Way in Angmering Park Estate this morning with Steve.

 Photo of Angmering Park also by Jacqueline Rackham

Same Time Same Place

Passing through the woods
is something of a ritual,
nearly every Sunday could
see us there, my best pal
and me.

My husband has many hats
He is also my work partner,
my triathlon coach too that’s
as well as best friend
you see.

Not the only folk in the wood
and I find it a little odd,
so remote a spot we could
we see the same people
not just trees.

A couple of dog-walk providers
go there at that very time,
and groups of horsey riders
chatting to each other
long reins free.

One man says “Good Day”
very firm, clear and loud
an actor’s resonance I’d say
long striding brisk walker
brisk is he.

Strings of classy race horses,
riders wearing silky hats
pom-poms for race courses
just a job to them to hack
so leisurely.

There is a little dip to where
one path crosses another
same man every week there
his way back and on my way
route free.

In many different places,
a strawberry roan comes by
we know each others faces,
irregular rider passes
so friendly.

Somewhere well out of town
so several miles from roads
variety should there abound,
same time same place for all
You see.


No comments: