Thursday, October 22, 2015

Forecast Unchanged

It is suddenly much colder the last couple of days. At first I thought it was just because I was alone for a spell whilst my husband is driving one of the trucks through France. The house always seems warmer and cosier when he is home. It's funny really because if I were to be truthful, I actually look forward to the times when he is working away, because although he is the sweetest bloke, he is a bit of a control freak and wants me to join him doing as many of the daily activities as possible. Looking at my side of the coin; I do like the time to do lots of things that please me like scribbling the odd poem or doing some sewing, choosing my own programmes, actually a lot less TV when he is away. I stay out of coffee shops too and that saves me a bundle of time since the coffee break after the morning training session is his call of the Siren, I can resist her.
However, back to the weather. It's not looking good in our little antique weather house.



Forecast Unchanged 

She has a tedious life one has to say
With a procession of dull days spend indoors
Hidden in the house whilst her man is at play
Rarely out, is the stay at home wife he adores. 

Poor woman in the same faded shabby dress
For months on end she has hardy been out
He in his hat and brolly dressed to impress
A pompous fop show-off lording it about. 

She lives in his shadow as he rules the roost
Standing aside when he boasts that he’s brave
His dutiful wife waits unfairly rarely introduced
He stands with a smile or may genially wave. 

He sends her out when he cannot take the heat
And stays in shade on the rare sunny days
She hopes at those times a new lover to meet
But then fades back indoors to mend her ways. 

Just now and then they are seen side by side
Perhaps the moment when she thinks to leave
Does he beg her to stay, his once lovely bride
A quiet domination his own way to weave. 

Not much excitement, their home tiny yet grand
A life of shared separation spouse by spouse
Virtual prisoners on fragile balance stand
There silently in their Kendall weather house.
 


 

No comments: