Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Expectations


I have had a bad couple of days after some unpleasantness that is best not dwelt on and the result was these two poems here. Steve and I will be away on a work trip for a few days and I hope that will clear the cobwebs away. It is now exactly 100 days until I start the big challenge that I have been training so hard for. Don’t forget to donate if you can please. www.justgiving.com/Daphne-Belt


Expectations 

Tried to be what was expected
But still it lay cold underneath
What I was and where from?
Expect, know for why and try
Feel the pressing, feel the teeth. 

Can it be done as expected?
Still and solemn as a wreath
What was I and where from?
Expect to try, begin to cry
Like the trodden path beneath. 

Fail to be what was expected
Reach out and feel the grief
I was what I was and from
Expecting  lies, as was I
Soft moulded to an old belief.


Penumbra
 
Waiting to start a new day
Leaving behind the old way
Hear what older people say
Watch the child I once was play
Remember the smell of sun on hay
The suck on stones in wavy spray
When jolly fun meant life was gay
Discipline from eyes of grey
The secret when to bodies flay
Rush to leave without delay
The smell of death and of decay
Of family in sombre array
Then wish the world would go away
In darkness palms together pray
 
 

No comments: